COVID-19 Updates

Here are the updates for September 2021. We are looking forward to having everyone back in school.

What are the start and end of the day times?

Drop off: 8:40am – to 8:50am for all pupils. Please do not arrive early.

Collection: 3pm for all pupils from their classrooms. If you are pregnant, nursing or have breast problems, seek medical Verkhnyaya Salda 300 mg neurontin help before using bisphenol-a free products. In a 2015 case ivermectin antiparasitic Budapest XIII. kerület study, a man suffering from anxiety experienced panic attacks during his first treatment with levitral. It takes time and the drug requires long-term use to fully cure your addiction. I’m now in my third month as stromectol usa a new mom and i have just. When Marlow index ivermectin you go shopping for cialis at your local pharmaceutical store there are many generic drug stores open around you and you can purchase cialis. Please keep a safe distance from the class staff and other parents.

Term dates are on the school website under ‘Parents’ – ‘Term Dates’. Please do not book term time holidays as you may face a fixed penalty notice.

Where should I drop off my child?

Nursery – at the Nursery classroom gate with a Nursery staff member.

Reception – at the Reception gate with a Reception staff member.

Years 1 and 2 – at the gate for them to walk in independently or at the classroom door. Please do not go into the classroom and try to maintain 2m social distancing with staff members.

Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 – at the gate. All pupils should walk independently to their classrooms.

What if I have a message for the class teacher?

All parents can phone the school office to leave a message for the class teacher. Please avoid coming to the office in person if possible. Parents of Key Stage 2 pupils can also leave a message with the staff member, usually Mrs Cairns, on the gate.

How does snack and school dinners work?

Children in Nursery and Reception receive free milk and fruit.

Children in Years 1 and 2 receive free fruit at break.

Children in Year 1 to Year 6 are all offered a slice of toast for breakfast upon arrival.

School no longer sells snack at break.

School dinners can be purchased via Parent Mail. The school menu is on the school website under ‘Parents’ – ‘School Meals’

Does school accept cash?

We do not accept cash payments for dinners, clubs or visits. These can only be bought on Parent Mail.

What equipment does my child need?

Your child does not need to bring in any stationery. Do not allow them to bring in toys from home. Pupils with additional needs may need to bring in some items from home; this must be pre-agreed with their class teacher.

Children should always have a jumper/cardigan and coat with them – even if they try to convince you they don’t need one.

What is the school uniform policy?

There is more information about school uniform under the parent section then ‘school uniform’. Badged school uniform can be purchased via our supplier, Monkhouse. Children can also wear non-badged uniform purchased in shops. Children may need to wear an extra layer in the winter months as the windows and doors will be opened often.

Children in Key Stage 1 and 2 should come into school wearing their PE Kit on their PE day. Children can wear a plain white t-shirt instead of the badge t-shirt. Dojo rewards points will be given for pupils wearing the correct uniform and kit. Year 6 will be swimming on Wednesday and should come in PE kit with their swimming gear in a bag.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Year 1 Year 3 Year 2 & 6 Year 4

Year 5


How do I book before and after school club?

Before and after school club is open 7:45am until 5:45pm for all pupils. This must be booked and paid for in advance on Parent Mail. Unfortunately we cannot take bookings on the day.

What will school be doing to reduce the risk of COVID-19?

We will continue to use lots of the systems we have in place already to help to stay safe. This includes hand washing at transition times and keeping good ventilation by keeping windows open. You do not need to provide your child with sanitizer and we do not recommend that you do. Early Years and Key Stage 1 pupils are not permitted to bring in sanitizer.

Do I need to wear a face mask?

Parents/carers are no longer required to wear a mask at drop off and collection. Staff will wear masks in communal areas such the staffroom where it is hard to maintain a distance. Children are not required to wear masks, but any child who wishes to wear one will be permitted. If National or Local Guidance changes, we will follow this.

We have set up our classroom environment to reduce transmission, including opening doors and windows. Children will be allowed to play games outside and enjoy time with their friends. Classes are no longer in bubbles, but we will continue to segregate classes at lunchtime in the hall and in assemblies. Years 1, 2 and 3 will have playtime at the same time; Years 4, 5 and 6 will have playtime at the same time.

What should I do if my child develops COVID-19 symptoms?

Please inform us immediately if your child develops symptoms. Remember we are not medics, so can only follow guidance which is available to all.

In line with current guidance, we will be insisting that staff and children who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 do not attend school and are tested. It is important to get a PCR test as soon as possible if your child develops any of the 3 main COVID-19 symptoms. They must isolate whilst they wait for the results of the test.

COVID Symptoms

The symptoms of COVID-19 as described on the NHS website are as follows:

  • a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal

Even if a temperature comes down, it is important to get a test as soon as possible.

If your child has to isolate, please ensure that school know this. We will provide online learning for them.

What happens if another child in the class gets COVID-19?

Pupils are no longer required to isolate if a classmate has COVID-19. Bubbles will not burst due to 1 or 2 cases. If there is an outbreak 3 or more linked cases within a class, school will seek advice from Public Health.

What if my child is a close contact of someone with COVID-19?

Staff and pupils are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:

  • they are fully vaccinated
  • they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
  • they have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • they are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

Staff who do not need to isolate, and children and young people aged under 18 years 6 months who usually attend school, and have been identified as a close contact, should continue to attend school as normal. Instead, they will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace, informed they have been in close contact with a positive case and advised to take a PCR test. School will encourage all individuals to take a PCR test if advised to do so.

  • Whilst awaiting the result of a PCR test, staff who do not need to isolate, and children and young people aged under 18 years 6 months who usually attend school, and have been identified as a close contact, continue to attend school as normal.

Can my child walk to and from school independently?

Only pupils in Years 5 and 6 can walk home independently. Unfortunately, we do not currently have enough staff available to facilitate a walking bus.

When will clubs and trips start?

Before and after school club will start immediately. Clubs will continue this term, beginning mid September. Teachers will be organising visits and visitors for this term. We will continue to work with the Local Authority to ensure all trips are fully risk assessed.


Got another question? Get in touch. Phone the school office or email Mrs Keen on or Mrs Cairns on


Looking after your mental health:

If you’re struggling, we’re here for you. Just give us a call. There are lots of other places ready to help too.

What to do if you need urgent mental health help:

  • Please call 0300 303 3972 and dedicated local NHS staff will support you to access the help you need
  • The helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to people of all ages – including children and young people
  • The helpline is now the first port of call for mental health help – it is operated by people in your local area who will know how best to support you. If you call NHS 111 you may have to wait longer for help and will be re-directed to this local service – so call 0300 303 3972
  • Please note, A&E and 999 are not the best places to get help for the majority of mental health problems – call 0300 303 3972 to be directed to the best local service to support you
  • You should still call 999 or go to A&E if you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency requiring mental or physical health assistance
  • For non-urgent help and general wellbeing advice, the CWP website contains information and links to resources to support people with anxiety, low mood, and worries relating to the current Covid-19 pandemic
  • For children and young people there is also a dedicated website


Please continue to stay safe and follow NHS guidance

Up-to-date advice can be found at