This page is dedicated to supporting learning at home. Throughout the week we send out work through Class Dojo so it’s really important to make sure you are using this. Every day there is also new learning on Purple Mash too https://www.purplemash.com/sch/parklandsch66. Through our Twitter @ParklandsCP we send out lots of ideas too.
Parents, don’t get stressed about home learning. We’re all in new territory and need to find a way to make it work together. Equally we’re all different and what works in one house won’t work in the next.
Need to get in touch? Click here.
Please encourage your child to read every day. This is one of the most important things they can do. An activity sheet for pupils to complete when reading is on this page. For free online books go to https://stories.audible.com/discovery or https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/
Practice phonics by using the Read Write Inc website https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/find-out-more/parents/
Pupils in Key Stage 2 are expected to complete TT Rock Stars every day. Three sessions of 10 minutes will really help. All pupils will benefit from practicing Maths on ‘Hit the Button’ https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
We’ve set out our aims for home learning at Parklands Community Primary School:
- Accessible: We’re sending out all different kinds of work which can be accessed in all different ways. Due to the nature of the challenge we need to do this remotely but the majority of our work can be done off-screen. If you can’t get access something or need a hand, just contact us.
- Independent: Most of the work we send out will be revisiting work children have covered in class. Teachers will send out ideas to motivate the children such as creating battles on TT Rock Stars or fun ways to share learning.
- Prioritising: Our focus is on the 3 Rs – Reading, Writing & Arithmetic. Try to do a bit of reading and Maths every day and most days a bit of writing.
- Whole Child: We’re sending out lots of different ways to help your children understand the world they live in. We’re also sending ideas for across the subjects as well as for well-being.
Home Learning Padlet
This is a great page full of ideas! It’s all in one place for you to access. We think it’s fab! Click the address or picture to go there! https://padlet.com/head260/okj3dlb2a5h2
Make sure you’re staying safe online by following advice here or clicking on the images below.
Parents, if you have safeguarding concerns, click here to go to our Safeguarding page.
Children, if you need help, we’re still here for you. You might need to contact Child Line. Call free on 0800 1111. Click here to go to their page. Whatever your worry, they’ll help you.
There’s lots of suggestions online about ways to look after your well-being. Try this ‘Coping Calendar’.
Come off screen with a variety of tasks such as indoor scavenger hunts or this challenge.
Use www.EYFShome.com for ideas for little ones. It’s a fantastic new website with activities and ideas every day.
Our school value for this term is responsibility and next term is resilience. Children can focus on these for their project work or a subject of interest for them (eg X-Box; favourite book or film). Here’s some suggestions about how they can engage with project work.
- Fact File
- Diary entry (from perspective of game character)
- Write a quiz for someone else
- Write a prequel / sequel to a favourite story or film
- Create a setting for a new video game
Ideas for presenting understanding
- Typing onto Word or PowerPoint
- Fold out book
- Big poster with lots of colours
- Chatterbox (folded paper)
- Artwork – drawing, collage, etc
History / Geography
- Create a poster about any chosen time in history (or the future)
- Find out about inventions in chosen period of time or write about what invention you wish had never been invented
- Choose a country of interest and find out about different aspects (culture, climate…)
- Find out about Ellesmere Port, its history and its future